Remedial massage is a targeted style of massage that provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow. It can help with many common complaints such as stiff necks and sore shoulders, as well as being effective in helping to reduce stress.
Remedial massage holistically treats the body using specialised techniques to locate and repair damage to muscles, tendons and joints, which both supports and speeds up the body’s own repair mechanisms. It is generally claimable under ‘extras’ cover if your health fund provides rebates for remedial massage.
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Reduced muscle tension
- Improved circulation by stimulating the blood supply
- Allows toxins in the muscles to be removed
- Improved skin tone
- Relaxes muscles which improves joint mobility and flexibility
- Speedier healing of soft tissue injuries
- May be claimable under your health funds 'extras' cover
Massage Can Help With
- Anxiety or tension
- Back, neck or shoulder pain
- Headaches or migraines
- Muscle pain or stiffness
- Pre or Post-Natal (pregnancy) related discomfort
- Sporting or repetitive strain injuries
A pain in the neck is one of the most uncomfortable conditions. One of the most common causes of neck pain is sleeping in a poor position for long periods of time, which can lead to tightness and stiffness in the neck muscles. However more and more frequently neck pain is caused by something simple, such as hunching your shoulders over a keyboard or work surface for long hours without maintaining correct posture.
If you suffer from neck pain, massage may be your answer.